Seller’s note: Amazon adjusts European logistics costs
In 2019, Amazon's costs rose sharply, mainly due to its huge investment in Free One-Day Delivery. In addition, Amazon's investment in infrastructure, projects, personnel, new tools and services in Europe in 2019 totaled more than 4 billion U.S. dollars, so Amazon was able to expand high-quality transportation to more than 6 million Prime projects.
Recently, Amazon said that due to rising costs, the company decided to increase logistics costs.
The following are the highlights of FBA fee adjustments. Unless otherwise specified, these fee adjustments will take effect on April 1, 2020 and will apply to the European market. Sellers can find the full announcement in the Seller Center to view the details.
Long-term storage costs
For non-media products that are in inventory for more than 365 days, Amazon will no longer charge a minimum long-term storage fee per unit of product (€0.10/0.10). The final collection of this fee will be carried out on March 15, 2020. In addition, the long-term storage cost per cubic foot will remain the same.
Remove order fee
For local removal orders and cross-border removal orders, Amazon will change the fee structure for returning inventory to the seller. This fee will be charged by weight (per item). The cost of discarding the order will remain the same.
In addition to the above fee adjustments, Amazon will have a logistics plan to start in April 2020. In March 2019, Amazon launched a promotion to provide free monthly storage and removal services for new Amazon ASINs, but there are certain restrictions. Based on the success of this promotion, Amazon is creating a new enhancement project called FBA New Selection.
For newly added FBA ASINs, Amazon will provide free monthly storage, free removal, and free FBA return processing for a limited time. For FBA novices, Amazon will also provide inbound shipping discounts. It is reported that the new plan will be launched on April 1, 2020.
Sellers can find detailed information about FBA New Selection in the Seller Center.
- 2021-06-08UPS Announcement: Parts of Europe are affected by the epidemic
- 2021-06-08Can epidemic prevention materials be exported? When will the air freight price increase? Let's take care of two things that are popular in cross-border circles
- 2021-06-08Amazon notice: Do not upload a French VAT number or be prohibited from selling
- 2021-06-08Seller’s note: Amazon adjusts European logistics costs
- 2021-06-08Canada's CN railway transportation is blocked, and some containers are delayed in arrival at the port
- 2021-06-08Affected by the new coronavirus epidemic, UPS suspends pickup and delivery services in some cities in Italy
- 2021-06-07U.S. Amazon CVG3 warehouse closed
- 2021-06-07Update of logistics channel information under the influence of the epidemic